Since returning, I've been plotting of ways for Kevin & I to have the ability to permanently move down there, but ummm.. all my business ideas are centered around wine or cupcakes. The thought of me attempting to open and successfully run a wine or cupcake business is hysterical. Heaven knows I'd wind up bankrupt in about a month because I'd drink/eat my whole inventory before I could even sell it. Or I would find it necessary to frequently close down to see the daily shipments that came into the White House Black Market & Saks Off Fifth outlets.
Obviously my priorities are really in check these days
|Hello Tanger Outlets.|
Anywho, like I've said before- I'm kind of OCD about my routine and actually happy to be back home. I can deviate from my normal schedule for a few days, but then I kind of get anxious to return home. How on earth I ever thought I could study abroad in college is beyond me. Ptsch, I can barely make it 5 days without almost having a meltdown because my life is lacking structure. Plus, I was dying to get back to these two.
I know this is probably an animal hoarder comment, but I legitimately worried about Missy (the Tornado Dog) the entire time we were at the beach. Although she was boarded with Hudson at a fabulous boarding facility, I was convinced that she probably thought we had left her there permanently. Yes, I am aware that dogs don't have the best concept of time. And that their brains are the size of a peach (Thanks, dad for that reminder), but you can't help but worry they'll hate you or not remember you when you pick them up.
However, all my worries were cast aside when we picked them up and my dogs made the biggest scene in the history of dog boarding when they saw us. You would have thought Kevin & I had been on an 8 month African Safari with the way they acted. Literally- both dogs were barking & jumping as though I just given them free reign on some jars of peanut butter or let loose in Petsmart. While it was kind of flattering to see that they missed us so much, it was also mildly embarrassing because the employees & other pet owners looked at them (and us) like they were they anti-christ. Never a good look. Actually, you should probably just run when you see that expression given to you by someone because it strongly suggests that they think you're a moron incapable of doing anything. Regardless, I'm gonna choose to think that the dogs' insane reaction clearly indicates the love our animals have for us. Orrrr maybe it means that we smelled like bacon when we got out of the car from a 9 hr van ride, but whatev.
So, yes, I am back to my every day reality. And that also means, I've been catching up on my reality shows. We all know I am a sucker for reality tv. Like, the trashier the better.
**Side note: Kevin tries to act like he's appalled by these shows, but he watches almost every single one with me. You stay manly, Kev. **)
So, a few quick comments....
Real Housewives of Orange County- I want to give Briana a huge hug for defying ole Vicki & eloping in Vegas. If Vicki was my momma, I wouldve run away to Vegas to get married too.
Also, why was Ryan (Tamra's son) have more hair than he ever has before? How is that possible? Or that he couldn't afford furniture last episode, but he bought a new tux in this episode? Ohhh the housewives and their financial priorities. Lastly, Brooks just flat creeps me the hell out. From Donn to Brooks? I feel like Donn is probably super fun to hang out with, and I think he's probably even more fun now that hes escaped Vicki. You go on w/ your bad self, Donn.
Real Housewives of New Jersey- I'm getting super tired of the whole Guidice/Gorga family turmoil. Caroline & family are boring the absolutely bejesus out of me this season too. I really wish they'd focus more on either Rich Wakile's crazy comments
The Bachelorette- Okay yall, since I have been getting my MBA on Monday nights for the past 2 years, I haven't seen any of the last 4-5 bachelor or bachelorette shows. Since I did watch Brad Womack's initial season like 6 years ago, I did try to keep up with who he picked. So after watching the bachelorette premiere tonight, here are my initial thoughts...
1) Emily looks/acts/talks like she is highly medicated. She just comes across as being super wooden.
2) I would say 96% of those guys are complete toolbags that I would never even consider talking to when I was single. Seriously though-Where do they find these guys? No guy I know acts like that or is that desperate to get married. And i live in the South where people get married at age 18.
3) How is this show even still on? Havent only 2 couples married after like a bazillion seasons? I mean, I feel like match.com would laugh at the bachelor/bachelorette's face about their overall success rate, which wouldn't give me much hope if i was single.
4) I kind of think Arie is super hot. Maybe its because I'm familiar w/ his family & the whole Indy car thing, but I have a sneaking suspicion he will go very far, if not win it all.
5) My conspiracy theory is that Emily & Chris Harrison will wind up together now that he is divorcing. He's made numerous comments to the media about being uber protective of Emily, which has made me wonder if they've had a side thing going this whole time? Maybe thats why they were so persistent that she be the next Bachelorette? Stranger things have happened. I'm just saying.
Okay guys- that about does it for me. Chat soon.