Like Pink Lou Lou, I literally hoard make-up. If I have a bad day, I inevitably wind up at Sephora. Usually, I am just trying to find one little item to console myself, but somehow I always manage to spend $100 +. Kevin stays absolutely baffled at how high the price of make up is. Bless his heart, I don't think he realizes that places like Target & Walgreens also sell make-up because I have trained him to know that Sephora (or sometimes Ulta) is the main place to buy Caroline's make-up.
Similar to addicts, I have my must have make-up items that I cannot live without. Like would go into an epileptic shock if I didnt have them.
1) Make-up Forever HD Primer: This product is super light & evens out your skin tone. It honestly helps my foundation stay on ALL day.
2) Make Up Forever Matte Velvet Foundation: So, I have a tendency to run around like a crazy person all day long with my job. Literally, I'm like a chicken with my head cut up. Until I tried this a few years ago, my makeup looked similar to if I had just completed a marathon by the end of the day. Now, I can honestly go to the gym & do a full workout, and my foundation is still on. It is amazzzing.
3) Urban Decay Eye Shadows & Primers: In my eyes, Urban Decay can do NO wrong when it comes to eye color. Their shadow palettes have every color & shimmer option known to man (or I guess woman) kind. Plus, they sometimes offer their primers in their palette packs as well, which will amp up the eye color in the prettiest way. I currently have 3 of their palettes (Excessive much? I know, I know), but I am dying to get their new "Naked Palette," but I haven't taken the plunge yet. **Kevin- are you reading this?? My Birthday is in less than a month. GREAT gift idea! :)**
4) Tarte Bronzer- I cannot say enough great things about things about this bronzer. First off, I can say with 100% confidence that you will never look like Snookie if you try this. It gives you the most natural looking glow, with a faint hint of sparkle, which prevents you from looking like Casper the Friendly ghost in the dead of winter. Plus, it will last forever. I think my last one lasted for well over a year. I even sold Jan (aka my Mother) on this bronzer. It has to be noted that Jan is
the cheapest extremely frugal when it comes to buying make up. For example, she has become best friends with her local Walgreens "Beauty Advisor" & is constantly telling me what new items she (aka high school dropout that rocks purple eye shadow on a regular basis) recommends. Gosh, there are so many things wrong with that sentence. Jan also gets super excited if her make up goes on sale- ie: 2 Loreals for $12. Then again, she does live in Floyds Knobs where there isn't a ton to get pumped up about. Regardless, if she is willing to step up to the Tarte Bronzer, you know its awesome.
5) Eyeliner Recs: I'm going to be honest with you all, Eye liners are my biggest addiction. On NYE, a few of my girlfriends & I were primping in my bathroom (ie: Pink Lou Lou & Court, to be exact), and we started counting how many black eye liners I own. Any guesses? If you guessed in the neighborhood of around 30, a gold star is coming your way. I owned (at the time) 32 individual things of eye liner. I usually try to rationalize my shopping behavior, but I am actually well aware that this isn't normal. Even for me.
**Side Note: I'm gonna blame Jan for this eye liner infatuation. In high school, she REFUSED to let me wear any eye-liner or mascara. Nevermind the fact that my eyelashes are completely blonde. She insisted that wearing black eyeliner would give the image to people that "I was easy." 1) WHO SAYS THAT TO THEIR TEENAGE DAUGHTER?? 2) Because I'm sure there is a direct correlation between sluttiness & black eyeliner. Come on Jan. Anyways- So, I think that scarred me for life because I've had this HUGE need to try every eyeliner on the planet since I feel like I've missed out on so much in my teen years. I also think this is the reason why I insist upon wearing ample amounts of eyeliner anywhere I go. Don't worry, if you see someone who's eyes are made up like they're going to prom while at the gym, its probably me. Lake, Pool, Gym, Grocery- doesn't matter. I always have it on.
So, up until recently, I had been using a Tarte Gel Eyeliner (which I still adore bc its a combo between a liquid & pencil. Goes on great!), but it runs out super quick if you cake it on like I do. ($18 for 2-3 weeks of usage seems a tad ridiculous- even to me.) So, I was complaining to my local Sephora consultant, and she found me the most perfect eyeliner ever.
Meet Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes
So, this eye liners comes in a little tub, and you apply it with the tiniest brush ever. (I will say that you do NOT need to buy brushes at Sephora. Target's ELF line has fantastic brushes for $1 that work great.) I can already tell you that this will definitely last me months, and it stays on ALL day long. Plus, the brush lets you make you draw a line that can be really thin or (cover your ears Jan) SUPER thick, like how I like to wear it :) Its fabulous.
So, there you have it! Those are my top 5 favorite products. Now- my B List includes (but not limited to: NARS blush, Benefit BOING eye brightener (Thanks Lauren!!!) , Bare Escentials Mineral Veil, Urban Decay 24/7 eye liner. I love all of those products too, but not near to the extent of the first 5.
So finally, I'm going to veer away from Make Up & go onto something that I have around 15 questions about on a daily basis. Mahhh crazy faux braid- soo I'm gonna leave yall with a brief hair tutorial on how I deal with my crazy bangs that are in growing-out stage limbo. I do this little faux braid at least twice per week, accompanied with a professional pony tail. Basically, I fix my hair like this when I'm running super later & don't have time to fix it. And as you all can see- I am really telling the truth when I say it takes me under 30 seconds to put one of these in my hair. Its hilarious too because I always end up with a bazillion compliments when I wear my hair like this. Soooo Enjoy & feel free to copy :)
Thats it for now!